The Top 20 Best James Bond Baddiesby ncsudreamweaver | created - 10 months ago | updated - 2 months ago | Public
This is my ranking of the best of the villains/henchmen/henchwomen in the James Bond franchise. Please share your comments; and if you have your own list, share that too!
1. Auric Goldfinger 2. Ernst Stavro Blofeld 3. Jaws 4. Oddjob 5. Raoul Silva 6. Francisco Scaramanga 7. Xenia Onatopp 8. Fiona Volpe 9. Le Chiffre 10. Max Zorin 11. Rosa Klebb 12. Red Grant 13. Alec Trevelyan 14. Dr. No 15. Franz Sanchez 16. Hugo Drax 17. Elektra King 18. Fatima Blush 19. Mr. Wint & Mr. Kidd 20. May Day
1. Gert Fröbe
Actor | Goldfinger
Tall, portly built German born actor (and talented violinist) who notched up over 100 film appearances, predominantly in German-language productions. He will forever be remembered by Western audiences as the bombastic megalomaniac "Auric Goldfinger" trying to kill Sean Connery and irradiate the ...
1. Auric Goldfinger appears in Goldfinger (1964).
Actor | Halloween II
Balding, quietly-spoken, of slight build and possessed of piercing blue eyes -- often peering out from behind round, steel-rimmed glasses -- Donald Pleasence had the necessary physical attributes which make a great screen villain. In the course of his lengthy career, he relished playing the ...
2. Ernst Stavro Blofeld appears in From Russia with Love (1963) (his face is not shown); Thunderball (1965) (his face is not shown); You Only Live Twice (1967); On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969); Diamonds Are Forever (1971); For Your Eyes Only (1981) (the pre-title sequence of which shows an unnamed character resembling Blofeld fall to his death); and Spectre (2015).
3. Richard Kiel
Actor | Moonraker
Towering 7' 2" tall actor who has cornered the market on playing giants, intimidating henchman, bayou swamp monsters and steel toothed villains! Kiel worked in numerous jobs including as a night club bouncer and a cemetery plot salesman, before breaking into film & TV in several minor roles in the ...
3. Jaws appears in The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) & Moonraker (1979).
Actor | Goldfinger
The most famous henchman of the entire James Bond series of spy thrillers, Harold Sakata will forever be remembered as the villainous "Odd Job" in the ultimate Bond film, Goldfinger (1964), with his lethal martial arts and steel-brimmed bowler hat. He was born Toshiyuki Sakata in Hawaii, of ...
4. Oddjob appears in Goldfinger (1964).
Actor | Skyfall
Javier Bardem is the youngest member of a family of actors that has been making films since the early days of Spanish cinema.
He was born in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain, to actress Pilar Bardem (María del Pilar Bardem Muñoz) and businessman José Carlos Encinas Doussinague. His maternal ...
5. Raoul Silva appears in Skyfall (2012).
Sir Christopher Frank Carandini Lee was perhaps the only actor of his generation to have starred in so many films and cult saga. Although most notable for personifying bloodsucking vampire, Dracula, on screen, he portrayed other varied characters on screen, most of which were villains, whether it ...
6. Francisco Scaramanga appears in The Man With The Golden Gun (1974).
Actress | X-Men: The Last Stand
Famke was born in the Netherlands, where she began her professional career as a model. She later moved to the United States, where she has made her home since 1984. Initially settling in New York, she majored in writing and literature at Columbia University and studied acting with Harold Guskin. ...
7. Xenia Onatopp appears in Goldeneye (1995).
Actress | Thunderball
Luciana Paluzzi is an Italian American actress. She is best known for playing S.P.E.C.T.R.E. assassin Fiona Volpe in the fourth James Bond film, Thunderball.
In the film Thunderball she had auditioned for the part of the lead Bond girl, Dominetta "Domino" Petacchi, but producers cast Claudine Auger,...
8. Fiona Volpe appears in Thunderball (1965).
Actor | Hannibal
Mads Mikkelsen is a synonym to the great success the Danish film industry has had since the mid-1990s. He was born in Østerbro, Copenhagen, to Bente Christiansen, a nurse, and Henning Mikkelsen, a banker.
Starting out as a low-life pusher/junkie in the 1996 success Pusher (1996), he slowly grew to ...
9. Le Chiffre appears in Casino Royale (2006).
Actor | Hairspray
Nervous-looking lead and supporting actor of the American stage and films, with sandy colored hair, pale complexion and a somewhat nervous disposition. He won an Oscar as Best Supporting Actor for his performance in The Deer Hunter (1978), and has been seen in mostly character roles, often ...
10. Max Zorin appears in A View To A Kill (1985).
11. Lotte Lenya
Actress | From Russia with Love
Lotte Lenya was a Tony Award-winning and Academy award-nominated actress and singer who is best remembered for her supporting role as Rosa Klebb in the classic Bond film From Russia with Love (1963).
She was born Karoline Wilhelmine Charlotte Blaumauer on October 18, 1898, in Vienna, Austria (at ...
11. Rosa Klebb appears in From Russia with Love (1963).
12. Robert Shaw
Actor | Jaws
Robert Archibald Shaw was born on August 9, 1927, in Westhoughton, Lancashire, England, the eldest son of Doreen Nora (Avery), a nurse, and Thomas Archibald Shaw, a doctor. His paternal grandfather was Scottish, from Argyll. Shaw's mother, who was born in Piggs Peak, Swaziland, met his father while...
12. Red Grant appears in From Russia with Love (1963).
13. Sean Bean
Sean Bean's career since the eighties spans theatre, radio, television and movies. Bean was born in Handsworth, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, to Rita (Tuckwood) and Brian Bean. He worked for his father's welding firm before he decided to become an actor. He attended RADA in London and appeared in a ...
13. Alec Trevelyan appears in Goldeneye (1995).
14. Joseph Wiseman
Actor | Dr. No
Joseph Wiseman was born on May 15, 1918 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. He came to Broadway in the 1930s, where he was critically hailed for performances in Shakespeare's "King Lear", Clifford Odets' "Golden Boy" and Anton Chekhov's "Uncle Vanya". Motion pictures in which Wiseman has been seen include ...
14. Dr. Julius No appears in Dr. No (1962).
15. Robert Davi
Actor | Die Hard
Robert Davi is an award-winning actor, screenwriter, director, producer and jazz vocalist.
From his portrayal of the opera singing baddie in "The Goonies" and one of the most popular James Bond villains Franz Sanchez in "Licence to Kill" to FBI Special Agent Big Johnson in" Die Hard" or Al Torres in ...
15. Franz Sanchez appears in License To Kill (1989).
16. Michael Lonsdale
Actor | The Day of the Jackal
16. Hugo Drax appears in Moonraker (1979).
17. Sophie Marceau
Actress | La boum
Sophie Marceau was born Sophie Danièle Sylvie Maupu in Paris, France, to Simone (Morisset), a shop assistant, and Benoît Maupu, a truck driver. She grew up far from the studio spotlights. When she was 14 she was living in the Paris suburb of Gentilly with her father. She learned from friends that ...
17. Elektra King appears in The World Is Not Enough (1999).
18. Barbara Carrera
Actress | Never Say Never Again
Barbara Carrera was born Barbara Kingsbury on December 31, 1945 in Bluefields, Nicaragua. This stunning former model became best known for her screen performances playing a sinister femme fatale. In doing so, she has achieved minor cult status and has quite a loyal fanbase. The tall and tanned ...
18. Fatima Blush appears in Never Say Never Again (1983).
19. Bruce Glover
Actor | Chinatown
An instinct for acting showed very early for Bruce in 1935,he didn't know it was acting when at 3 he distracted his Mom from the worries of Depression Era Chicago by recreating stuff they'd seen at the movies like FDR struggling to walk, putting his little body thru it, to try to understand by ...
19. (Tie) Mr. Wint appears in Diamonds Are Forever (1971).
20. Putter Smith
Actor | Diamonds Are Forever
Putter Smith was born on January 19, 1941 in Los Angeles, California, USA as Patrick Verne Smith. He is an actor and composer, known for Diamonds Are Forever (1971), In the Mood (1987) and Citizen Soldier (1990).
19. (Tie) Mr. Kidd appears in Diamonds Are Forever (1971).
21. Grace Jones
Actress | A View to a Kill
Grace Jones was born May 19, 1948 in Spanish Town, St Catherine - Jamaica, to Marjorie Jones (née Williams) and Reverend Robert W. Jones. Though born in Jamaica, when she was twelve, she moved to Syracuse, New York, joining her family who had moved there previously. Jones would eventually study ...
20. May Day appears in A View To A Kill (1985).